IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR INVISAGE STUDIOS DIGITAL MARKETING CLIENTS
With the recent Australian tax law change in relation to the supply of advertising (eServices), Facebook is now registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Australia. All advertisers with tax country of Australia that have not provided a valid ABN will be charged an additional 10% GST for advertising services after July 1, 2018.
By providing your ABN, you confirm that you are GST registered and advertising on Facebook for business purposes. Ad accounts without a valid ABN on July 1, 2018 will be subject to GST @ 10% on all qualified spend.
Invisage Studios can not do this for you as our permissions are only 'advertiser' on your Facebook Business accounts. An Administrator must complete this ASAP to avoid being potentially charged an additional 10% on your ad-spend with Facebook.
Below is a step by step guide to adding your ABN to your Facebook Ad Accounts
1. Access your Facebook Business Account Settings https://business.facebook.com/ads/manager/account_settings
or click Account Settings once inside business manager (see screen shot below)
2. Select your add account from the pull down menu at the top of the page - you will need to repeat this process for each and every ad account you have. If you only have a single ad account - ensure the business ad account is selected and NOT your personal account.
3. Select Business Country (Australia)
4. Enter your ABN (Australian Business Number) when prompted or enter it in the field below labeled "TAX ID Number". If you are unsure what your ABN is, you can look it up at https://abr.business.gov.au/
5. Click 'Save' and you should get a notice like the one below.
6. Remember to repeat this process if you have more than 1 ad account with Facebook. Return to step #2 and complete the process for each account. You will NOT receive and email confirmation from Facebook. Simply refresh the page an ensure your ABN is shown in the ABN field. If you have selected the wrong country, it may say "TAX ID Number" instead.
For more information on how GST will affect your Facebook marketing campaigns please see read in more detail here:
Please note that GST will be in ADDITION to an marketing budgets you set with us. If you set an ad spend limit of $1,000 for your campaign. Facebook will charge you $1,000 PLUS 10% GST ($1,100) Please factor this in when you are setting campaign budgets with us.
See example invoice below from Facebook. For more details, please see: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/312056985996758
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly via email or phone.
Happy Marketing! :D